Here’s a great gift idea for an adult family member. PUR sells the Flavor Options Pitcher that not only filters your tap water, but also adds flavor to your water if you so desire to do so. It also was named “Household Product of the Year” by Product of the Year USA in January of this year.
The pitcher can hold up to seven 8oz. glasses of water in its slim design (that is perfect for refrigerator doors by the way). When you purchase the pitcher, it comes with a water filtration system and raspberry flavoring for your water.
This pitcher could not be easier to use. All you have to do is fill the top area with water and as the water is filtered, it fills the bottom of the pitcher. When you’re ready to grab a glass of water, just pour it out. However, if you would like to add flavoring, simply push the blue button at the top of the handle while pouring the water. The longer you hold down the button, the more flavor will be added.
I was able to review the pitcher with the raspberry flavoring and was sent lemon flavoring as well. I enjoy how easy it is to use the pitcher and the flavoring options. As for the flavors, I like both but prefer the lemon to the raspberry. The other flavors available are peach, strawberry, and grape. I should also mention that the flavoring is sugar free and calorie free. PUR is the first and only company to sell such a product.
Also, on the top of the pitcher is a light that blinks each time you pour water out. It will blink green if the filter is good to use, yellow to warn you that you should buy a new filter soon, and red when the filter needs to be replaced. This is a very handy feature as I can check my filter each time I pour a glass of water.
Here is some additional information on how PUR Water Filtration helps you taken from the information sent to me from PUR.
- Environment & Money: Switching from bottled water to filtered and a reusable bottle can eliminate up to 3,200 plastic bottles and save one person up to $600 annually.
- Health: The EPA estimates that approximately 20% of Americans’ lead exposure is attributable to tap water. PUR filters are certified to reduce many contaminants, including 98% of lead, 99.9% of microbial cysts and 99% of pharmaceuticals.
- Philanthropy: With each purchase of a PUR filter, a donation is made to Children’s Safe Drinking Water which has, to date, provided over 1.5 billion liters of clean water to needy children and their families around the world.
I love that PUR is a brand that not only helps you but it also gives back by helping children in need.
BUY IT: You can purchase a PUR Flavor Options Pitcher at a number of retailers for around $30.
I am able to offer a PUR Flavor Options Pitcher to one lucky winner!!
- Visit the PUR website and tell me one other specific product that you would like to try in your home.
- For additional entries:
Blog about this giveaway with a link back to my post *3 extra entries* (comment with a link to your blog post. Leave 3 separate, numbered comments to make sure you get credit for each entry.)
Subscribe to my blog feed (top of right sidebar)
Subscribe to my posts in e-mail (top of right sidebar. comment with the e-mail address you subscribe with)
Follow this blog (middle of left sidebar)
Grab my “Coffee with the Mrs.” button for your sidebar.
Follow me on Twitter @themrsc (comment with your twitter name)
- Tweet about this giveaway with, “Win a PUR Flavor Options Pitcher as featured in the holiday gift guide on www.coffeewiththemrs.com @themrsc” (comment with a link to your tweet)
- Once Daily Retweets available for extra entries. (leave a comment with a link to each RT)
Please leave separate comments for each entry. This giveaway will run until October 16th at 11:59pm ET. The winner will be randomly selected, announced, and contacted on October 17th. I will then wait 48 hours for the prize to be claimed before randomly selecting another winner.
**This review is based strictly on my experience with the item(s) and my opinion of that experience. I was not compensated for my review beyond receiving a sample item for review. Please see my disclosure policy at the bottom of my blog page.**