With a busy toddler boy who is soaking up the world around him and learning new things every day, I’m always looking for new ideas to encourage his learning while making it fun. Leap Frog is a company I know I can count on to build upon his learning and open up new avenues of ideas for him.
We were recently sent the Zippity Learning System for review. This is one of the newest items available from Leap Frog just in time for the holiday season. (It’s most fitting for children ages 3-5.) Disney and Leap Frog teamed up to create a fun, interactive, learning system and I think they did a fantastic job. There are 8 games included with the system in 2 different levels of difficulty. The games are lead by characters from favorite Disney shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins, and My friends Tigger & Pooh.
Of course, when this arrived, Alex couldn’t wait to try it out. He had never played any sort of “video game” before so he wasn’t quite sure what to make of it. (I think he was expecting it to play some videos or something.) I helped him set up the game and explained to him how to play. Later on, he played with it again when the hubster came home from work. I realize, my son isn’t 3 years old yet and this made the game play a little more challenging, but he’s able to play pretty independently now and really enjoys it.
I love watching Alex play his games. He really enjoys guiding Rocket on the Little Einsteins game and also loves helping Handy Manny fix things. To see the smile on his face while he’s playing is priceless. This game is not only something that Alex can enjoy over the next couple years as he grows and develops, but it’s also something that Eliana will be able to play when she’s old enough to enjoy it too.
I’m also a big fan of the Learning Path Leap Frog offers with its educational electronics. The Learning Path allows parents to see how their child is progressing with the Leap Frog item they’re using. It also offers suggestions on how parents can expand their child’s learning even further. What a wonderful tool to have! Click HERE to see a demo.
There are additional games for the Zippity that are sold separately. I’m considering purchasing the Zippity Learning Game: Cars for Alex this Christmas. I just know he would love it.
BUY IT! You can purchase the Zippity Learning System for $79.99 from Leap Frog. **Pssst…right now, they’re offering free shipping on the system or compatible games and HERE is where you can get a $5 off coupon.
- Visit the Leap Frog website and tell me one other *specific* item you like.
- For additional entries:
- blog about this giveaway with a link back to my post and a link to Leap Frog *3 extra entries* (comment with a link to your blog post. Leave 3 separate, numbered comments to make sure you get credit for each entry.
- Subscribe to my blog feed (top of right sidebar)
- Subscribe to my posts in e-mail (top of right sidebar. comment with the e-mail address you subscribe with)
- Follow this blog (middle of left sidebar)
- Grab my “Coffee with the Mrs.” button for your sidebar.
- Follow me on Twitter @themrsc (comment with your twitter name)
- Tweet about this giveaway with, “Win the new Zippity Learning System as featured on www.coffeewiththemrs.com @themrsc @leapfrog” (comment with a link to your tweet)
- Once Daily Retweets available for extra entries. (leave a comment with a link to each RT)
**This review is based strictly on my experience with the item and my opinion of that experience. I was not compensated for my review beyond receiving a sample item. Please see my disclosure policy at the bottom of my blog page.**