We'll be attending the Railroader's Breakfast again this year which is such a special treat. To arrive at the village before anyone else, eat breakfast while watching Thomas "wake up" on the tracks, listening to stories about Thomas and his friends and wonderful music is well worth getting up a little early.
I could just go on and on but I'll leave that to the photos we take and the memories we make this year at The Henry Ford.
I don't want you to miss out, though. I've attached a press release to answer your questions about when, where, and pricing. Please let me know if you have any questions that aren't addressed in the release.
- A 20-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- The opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt™, Controller of the Railway
- A Thomas & Friends Imagination Station; featuring stamps, temporary tattoos, hands-on activities and coloring sheets.
- Commemorative activities, merchandise and giveaways to celebrate the 2011 Thomas & Friends DVD movie “Day of the Diesels” (Sept. 2011, Lionsgate), including:
- A video viewing area that shows how steam engines work differently from diesel engines
- Thomas and Friends tattoos
- A special giveaway character wheel showcasing Steamie and Diesel engines from the world of Thomas & Friends
- Storytelling, magic shows and live music by Picks & Sticks Stringband and Guitar Guy Barry
The Henry Ford, in Dearborn, Michigan, is the world’s premier history destination and a National Historic Landmark that celebrates American history and innovation. Its mission is to provide unique educational experiences based on authentic objects, stories and lives from America’s traditions of ingenuity, resourcefulness and innovation. Its purpose is to inspire people to learn from these traditions to help shape a better future. Five distinct attractions at The Henry Ford captivate more than 1.5 million visitors annually: Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, The Ford Rouge Factory Tour, The Benson Ford Research Center and The Henry Ford IMAX Theatre. The Henry Ford is also home to Henry Ford Academy, a public charter high school which educates 485 students a year on the institution’s campus and was founded in partnership with The Henry Ford, Ford Motor Company and Wayne County Public Schools. For more information please visit our website thehenryford.org.
**My family received complimentary admission (for 4) to the Railroader's Breakfast and Day Out With Thomas from The Henry Ford for the purpose of review and sharing our experience with you. This is a press release post with a review to follow our actual, scheduled day at The Henry Ford. Stay Tuned!