- DILUTE, dilute, dilute. I don't care if your'e going to use one essential oil on its own or if you're going to make a blend like my friend had made for me. Dilute those essential oils and get the most life out of them as you can. I have little jello shot size cups all over my home of coconut oil and 1 or more essential oils just waiting for when I need them. I also have about a dozen glass roller bottles that I filled with grape seed oil and the 1 or more oils I needed in there for a cleaner application and an easy way to toss it in my purse and take on the go. In a cup, I only need to add about 9 drops of oil to the coconut oil I filled it with. In a roller bottle (10ml), I need anywhere from 12 to 20 drops of oils added to the grape seed oil I filled it with. This way, the oils last a long, long time before I need to replace them. It's far more efficient than diluting as you're applying.
- Use less in your diffuser than the handbook says. I only use about 2 or 3 drops of essential oil in my diffuser that's filled with water. I still get amazing benefits and I don't run out as quickly.
- Also...I sometimes turn off my diffuser after it's been running for 30 minutes. It takes a body 30 minutes to absorb the benefits of the essential oil(s) and after that, it just smells nice. Running it longer is not more beneficial but it's not harmful, either. Turn it off and then come back in a couple hours to turn it back on again. Of course, if it's in my kiddos' room for rest, I just leave it running.
- Bite the bullet, become a member, and enjoy your 24% off. I could have easily signed up to be a retail customer (and you can, too) but I hate paying retail price for anything. A discount always helps.
- After you've become a member, sign up for Essential Rewards. Here, I'm getting free oils with my order every month AND earning points to get MORE free oils on a quick order in the future. Please believe, I hoard my Essential Rewards points and use them to buy gifts for people or to save up for that really pricey item I want but can't squeeze into my budget.
- Share, share, share. Why? Because when you share about your oils and YOUR story, people may be intrigued and want to get a kit, too! And do you know what happens when your friends want a kit, too? You can make cash money. (YES, PLEASE!) I'm at a point where I get free oils all the time, totally able to support my own Essential Oil loving habits.
**Essential Oil Disclaimer: The info I shared is based on my own research and experience(s) with Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. The FDA has not evaluated my statements, the products I've mentioned, or even the technique I use. Therefore, these statements are not made with intent to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any kind of ailment or disease. Please have a conversation with your doctor before introducing these if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, and/or have any kind of medical condition.
I'm simply sharing information and my personal story for readers to use as a reference in a "take it or leave it" fashion. My hope is to motivate you in learning more about essential oils as they may pertain to your own life and/or family. Please do your research as you see fit.