Personally, I tend to prefer cameras that have loads of features and buttons and I can’t wait to get my hands on my first DSLR camera. However, my husband has a difficult time working cameras that are so complicated but really wants to be able to take pictures. (Not to mention, if he could take some pictures, then I could actually be in them rather than behind the camera.)
We were sent the Casio EXILIM EX-S12 camera for review in our home. I’ve never seen a camera make my husband so excited. Right away, he put it in his pocket for his trip to the park with my son and came home to show me all the pictures he took of Alex playing. He raved about how simple it was to take pictures and also shared with me the different features on the camera that he enjoyed using as he became more and more familiar with it. The Casio has officially been dubbed “dad’s camera”.
Besides being a simple-to-use camera, my husband really enjoys some of the neat features on the camera. One of these is the Dynamic Photo function. With this, you can combine still shots to create a moving photo. This is easy to do and does not require using any computer editing. My husband took a picture of Alex playing in a “play bus” and then took another still shot of the bus after Alex had run away. The camera automatically turned the 2 pictures into a moving picture of Alex driving the bus. The camera instructed my husband what to do and all he did was follow the instructions to get that outcome. It was very cool.
The other option my husband loves on the camera is the HD Movie function. There’s a button on the back of the camera that is dedicated to this function and it only takes a push of the button to begin recording video and again to stop recording. It seems that there’s always a short video for me to watch from my husband’s time out with Alex.
Still, there are more options on the camera like Tracking AF and the Makeup functions. Tracking AF stays focused on an object even in motion. If the object should go out of the line of site and then returns, the camera will recognize that it’s gone and pick it back up when it returns. The Makeup function (something my husband should get to know when taking pictures of me), can soften the look of a person’s skin and also adjust the lighting on their face to reduce shadows caused by the sun producing quality photographs.
This camera is very thin and very light. It comes in green (like the one pictured above), pink, black, and silver colors to suit the person you're buying for. There’s also a 2.7-inch widescreen LCD monitor and an amazing 12.1-megapixel resolution. Other specifications on the camera can be seen by clicking here.
Buy It: You can purchase the EXILIM EX-S12 digital camera at a number of retailers for $249.99
THE GIVEAWAY!! NOW CLOSED
Yes, indeed! Casio has generously offered a digital camera for a giveaway prize to one lucky winner.
- Visit Casio and tell me one other (specific) gadget you found that you would like to give or receive. **If you’re a blogger, make sure my event’s banner is on your sidebar.**
- For additional entries:
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to my post *3 extra entries* (comment with a link to your blog post. Leave 3 separate, numbered comments to make sure you get credit for each entry.)
- Subscribe to my blog feed (top of right sidebar)
- Subscribe to my posts in e-mail (top of right sidebar. comment with the e-mail address you subscribe with)
- Follow this blog (middle of left sidebar)
- Grab my “Coffee with the Mrs.” button for your sidebar.
- Follow me on Twitter @themrsc (comment with your twitter name)
- Tweet about this giveaway with, “Win a Casio digital camera as featured in the holiday gift guide on www.coffeewiththemrs.com @themrsc” (comment with a link to your tweet)
- Once Daily Retweets available for extra entries. (leave a comment with a link to each RT)
Please leave separate comments for each entry. This giveaway will run until October 8th at 11:59pm ET. The winner will be randomly selected, announced, and contacted on October 9th. I will then wait 48 hours for the prize to be claimed before randomly selecting another winner.
**This review is based strictly on my experience with the item and my opinion of that experience. I was not compensated for my review beyond receiving a sample item for review. Please see my disclosure policy at the bottom of my blog page.**