I like to think that I do well by my family when it comes to the choices I help make about the things we put in our bodies. Over here we eat pretty healthy (of course we allow yummy snacks now and then) and love to prepare meals on the stovetop. Mmmmm. There's nothing like the smell of dinner just cooking away on the stove or in the oven.
But what if those smells were actually bad for me and my family? What if the fumes were toxic because of the cookware I use? Well, my friends, that's the truth of what goes on over here.
I learned by reading on the Xtrema website that using my non-stick cookware was terribly unhealthy for my family. Not only are the fumes bad for my family to breath but what gets into the food is also unhealthy for my family to eat. I was upset but not discouraged by this discovery. Why not? Well, Xtrema generously offered to help get my family going in the right direction by sending us the 10" Skillet Braiser to try out.
When it arrived, we were immediately impressed by how it looked and couldn't wait to put it to use. The hubster and I got to preparing a delicious stir-fry meal in our new skillet.
We were shocked with how the food was cooking up. Our meal was cooking evenly, quickly, and without leaving anything sticking to skillet. When it was all prepared, the skillet only needed a quick wipe down, without using anything harsh, to get it clean. And the best part? The flavor of our food was rich and without toxins since Xtrema is ceramic and doesn't leach any chemicals into the air or our food.
Here's a rundown of the other...
Features and Benefits
- Xtreme High Temperature: Cookware can withstand 2,700 F, Steel can melt at 2,200 F
- Xtremely Easy to Clean: Non-Scratch, Non-Toxic Ceramic Glaze Surface
- Xtremely Attractive: High Gloss Black Finish
- Xtremely Versatile: Oven, Stovetop, Broiler, Freezer, Barbeque Grill, Microwave Oven, Dishwasher and Dining Room Table
- Xtremely Healthy Cooking: No Trace Metals or Chemicals Leaching from the Cooking Surface
- Xtremely Practical: Reduces Cooking Time and Uses Less Energy, Foods Stay Hotter Longer
- Xtremely Tasty: Ceramic Far Infrared Cooking Enhances the Food Flavor and the Entire Cooking Experience
- Xtremely Durable: Cooking Surface can not be Scratched, even by Metal Utensils and Industrial Steel Wool
Xtrema has offered to give one winner a 10" Skillet of his/her own!
- Visit Xtrema and tell me one specific thing you would like to have (aside from the skillet I reviewed). *remember to include your e-mail address for your entry to count.*