User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap:

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Migraines Are The Devil But My Hubster Is An Angel

Ugh, let me just be honest. Today stunk!

I woke up with Alex around 7:30 this morning and knew I was in for it then. My head was pounding and I felt pressure from my left temple to my right and behind my eyes as well.

Migraine. Hmph!

I tried to get myself going so I could take care of it. You know, nip it in the bud. My head had other plans for me, though. After both kiddos were awake, I came to the realization that there would be no mercy with this particular migraine. I felt weak and nauseous and decided to Skype the hubster to ask for back-up.

A few minutes after my Skype message, he called me up and said he was on his way home. I made sure the littles were fed and settled and then took to laying on the floor with some pillows. Alex and Eliana both knew something wasn't quite right with me. My sweet girl even came over to sit next to me and smile. {I'm pretty sure she's going to be working in some sort of care giving job when she grows up. She just loves to take care of people and can't stand to see anyone uncomfortable.}

Finally, the hubster was home and I was off to bed.

I wish that was the end of it. I wish a little rest would have been helpful enough to get rid of the migraine.

I woke up around 12 and wanted to take some Excedrin. No go. I took one pill and got sick. I began crying and my body couldn't hold it's own weight. My pain level was at a 10. I was shaking and seriously sick. The hubster helped me out and got me back to bed.

I woke up again and thought it was around 1. Boy, was I wrong. It was 4:30. At this point, I hadn't had anything to eat or drink since breakfast and I was beginning to feel it. I'm hypoglycemic. Not eating is like begging for trouble. My pain level was still high but it was around an 8 vs. the 10 I felt earlier. I was hopeful. Maybe with more rest I'd be better soon.

The hubster began to get concerned and was asking me to try and eat something. I had ice chips and a few sips of water without feeling sick so I thought about it. I was too weak to chew and I couldn't hold up my head either. Honestly, I was really getting worried but was hopeful.

We decided on applesauce and I had maybe 3 spoonfuls. Um....bad idea. And that brought the hubster to a decision. Is there something he can do to help or should he call his parents to sit with the kids while he takes me to the hospital? I thought I would end up in the hospital too.

Around 7pm or so he brought me Excedrin and water and asked me to try again. I took it and prayed like crazy. My prayer sounded like this, "God, please help this medication stay down. And if I get sick, please give me 20 minutes so the medication can begin to get into my blood". I guess the hubster was praying the same thing. Luckily, I was able to stay still enough to not upset my stomach and I fell asleep with an icepack on my head. When I woke up, I finally felt like my migraine was letting up. I was out of bed in time to sit with Alex for a few minutes and then take him to bed.

I tearfully thanked the hubster for helping out as much as he did. He left his job to take over mine and took care of me at the same time. I was in pretty bad shape and spent a lot of time crying about how miserable I was while he did nothing but comfort me and do whatever he could to help.

I hate the fact that I get migraines but I love that my hubster is so good to me and takes such good care of me.

*sigh* I'm going to get back to eating my chicken noodle soup. I just thought I'd brag on my hubster for a moment and write a "THANK GOODNESS THIS MIGRAINE IS FINALLY GONE" post.  :)



Post a Comment

I am so happy you stopped by today. What is on your mind?

Copyright © Amy Clary | Designed With By Blogger Templates
Scroll To Top