I’ve been a fan of Partylite candles for a long time. I get excited to see catalogs with new seasonal candles and ways to decorate with them in the home. Not to mention, the quality of Partylite candles is like none other. If you use them correctly, you should be able to get plenty of use out of the candles and decor pieces. The scented candles are fantastic and will fill your entire home with beautiful fragrance. (I get compliments on how good it smells every time I lite Partylite candles in my home.)
Terri sells Partylite items on her website Gold-In-Lites Candles. Anyone can buy items from her or host a party even if you’re not in the Philadelphia area. If you would like information on hosting a party (and getting free candles), click here.
For this review, I was sent the Holiday Cheer Gift Set.
This beautiful, apple scented candle and its glass lamp shade are the perfect pair to display for the holiday season. The apple scent is divine and not at all over powering. The candle itself will burn for about 55-60 hours. The glass shade measures 4 1/4” high and has a 5” diameter.
Also, the packaging this gift set comes in wraps itself and also comes with a gift card to fill out. It would make a lovely gift for any candle lover.
Here are some benefits to buying a Partylite candle over a candle that you would find in the store.
- There are never any labels on the sides of the candles to hide.
- No black soot around the jar. (If you do see this on your Partylite candle, the flame is too big on your lighter.)
- The candle will burn straight down and will consume all of the wax.
- The jar is reusable when the candle has burned down all the way. The jar is also food safe.
Here are some burning tips from Terri:
Keep the wick at 1/4" to prevent soot balls from forming and falling off into the melted wax; burn the candle for a minimum of one hour at a time. Burning it for shorter durations will result in "tunneling."
During the month of September, I have a great discount for you to use on the Gold-in-Lites website so you can buy a gift for everyone on your list. When you spend $40, you can choose any item for 50% off. Just enter “The Mrs” as the hostess to receive this deal. Enjoy!!
THE GIVEAWAY!! NOW CLOSED
Terri has generously offered a Holiday Cheer Gift Set (like the one I reviewed) for one of my readers to win. This is a $39.95 value. *Follow the entry directions carefully as the first one is mandatory and requested by Terri for any entries to count.*
To enter: (Both steps must be followed in one comment for any entries to count!)
- Visit http://www.goldinlites.com and register to receive Terri’s monthly newsletter.
- View the Fall/Holiday 2009 and Siena Lights 2009 catalogs on the site and comment on the blog about which item you would most like to own.
**Make my blog’s event banner is on your sidebar if you have a blog**
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to my post *3 extra entries* (comment with a link to your blog post. Leave 3 separate, numbered comments to make sure you get credit for each entry.)
- Subscribe to my blog feed (top of right sidebar)
- Subscribe to my posts in e-mail (top of right sidebar. comment with the e-mail address you subscribe with)
- Follow this blog (middle of left sidebar)
- Grab my “Coffee with the Mrs.” button for your sidebar.
- Follow me on Twitter @themrsc (comment with your twitter name)
- Tweet about this giveaway with, “Win a Partylite set as featured in the holiday gift guide on www.coffeewiththemrs.com @themrsc” (comment with a link to your tweet)
- Once Daily Retweets available for extra entries. (leave a comment with a link to each RT)
*I was not compensated in any way for my review. It was written strictly based on my opinion and experience. Please see my disclosure policy at the bottom of my blog page.